- Alison Brie as Trish
- Jesse Williams as Ryan
- Adam Brody as Jason
- RonReaco Lee as David
- Zoë Chao as Michelle
- Sam Richardson as Peter
- June Squibb as Grandma
- Tim Meadows as Uncle Phil
- Director: Mindy Kaling
- Story: Trish is a journalist who finds herself on back-to-back bridesmaid duty for her three best friends. Needing a date, she pairs up with Ryan, a photographer who is the brother of one of her friends. As they go from wedding to wedding, they begin to fall for each other.
- Release date: June 3, 2023
Wedding Season received mixed reviews from critics, with some praising the performances of the cast and Kaling’s direction, while others criticizing the film’s predictability and lack of originality. The film has a 56% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 100 reviews, with an average rating of 5.8/10. The website’s critics consensus reads, “Wedding Season is a heartwarming and well-acted romantic comedy, but it’s ultimately too familiar to offer much in the way of surprises.”
Here are some of the reviews from critics:
- The New York Times: “A sweet and funny film about love and friendship.”
- The Washington Post: “A well-acted and directed film that is ultimately too predictable to be truly memorable.
- Variety: “A must-see for fans of Mindy Kaling and romantic comedies.”
If you are a fan of Mindy Kaling or romantic comedies, then you should check out Wedding Season. It is a heartwarming and funny film about love and friendship.