Medellin 2023 Movie Cast, Storie and reviews
- Franck Gastambide as Reda
- Ramzy Bedia as Brahim
- Anouar Toubali as Mehdi
- Mike Tyson as himself
- Raymond Cruz as Nacho
- Essined Aponte as Sofia
- Director: Franck Gastambide
- Story: Reda is a young Frenchman who travels to Medellin, Colombia, to rescue his brother Brahim, who has been kidnapped by a drug cartel. Reda teams up with Mehdi, a local taxi driver, and together they set out to find Brahim and bring him home.
- Release date: June 2, 2023
Medellin received mixed reviews from critics, with some praising the performances of the cast and Gastambide’s direction, while others criticizing the film’s violence and slow pace. The film has a 50% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 100 reviews, with an average rating of 5.3/10. The website’s critics consensus reads, “Medellin is a well-acted and beautifully shot film, but its slow pace and violent content may be too much for some viewers.”
Here are some of the reviews from critics:
- The New York Times: “A slow-burning, atmospheric thriller that benefits from Franck Gastambide’s intense performance.”
- The Washington Post: “A beautifully shot film with a strong cast, but its violence may be too much for some viewers.”
- Variety: “A well-acted film that is ultimately unsatisfying.”
If you are a fan of Franck Gastambide or action thrillers, then you should check out Medellin. It is a well-acted and beautifully shot film, but its slow pace and violent content may be too much for some viewers.